The smoking cessation service that was previously provided by New Leaf in Nottingham City was unfortunately decommissioned by Nottingham City Council in April 2018. This means there is no longer a ‘help with stopping smoking’ service available to patients in the city.
Nottingham City Council have issued the following information for patients in Nottingham City who wish to quit smoking:
- NHS Choices provides free online support to smokers, including 28 days of free quitting advice and tips sent via email, a free stop smoking app, a quit smoking community forum and advice about nicotine replacement therapy and e-cigarettes. Patients can access this support by clicking here.
- This Stop Smoking Start Living Booklet is a resource for patients for whom online or technology-based support is not suitable. Please bear in mind that some of these resources, including the booklet, make reference to local stop smoking services which will not be available in Nottingham City.
- Free smoking cessation resources can also be obtained from Public Health England’s Campaign Resource Centre. These resources can be accessed here. These include an interactive planner that takes smokers through the four key steps to quitting smoking.
- Useful support and advice can also be found on the Smokefree website. Please be aware that at present this website may still contain links to New Leaf
- The NCSCT (National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training) also offers free online training covering topics including Very Brief Advice and E-Cigarettes. This can be accessed here.