PATIENTS CAN SELF-REFER TO THIS SERVICE
Tel: 01623 785490 (cannot self-refer over the phone)
Send referral form to: [email protected]
About this service:
If you are registered with a Nottingham City GP and are eligible for podiatry services, you can access the community podiatry service through referral by your GP practice or self-referral.
The community podiatry service helps people with diseases and conditions affecting the feet and lower limbs. It helps people to manage their conditions through treatment, prevention and education.
The service is for:
- people with complications associated with long-term conditions such as diabetes, vascular disease, neuropathy, rheumatoid arthritis, stroke, Parkinson’s disease
- people with multiple and complex podiatric needs including wound management and tissue viability
- people requiring podiatric surgery
- people requiring nail surgery
- people with biomechanical problems e.g. gait/postural problems
- people with acute foot and ankle problems and conditions
- service users with foot complications associated with diabetes needing referral to the secondary care foot clinics.
Please note that diabetes with foot risk category moderate or high means type 1 or type 2 diabetic on insulin. If a patient is type 2 diabetic not on insulin they must have another of the underlying conditions on the front of the referral form to be able to refer into this service.
Please see the service website for further information:
Who can be seen?
The service is accessible to patients registered at practices in Nottingham city.
Who cannot be seen?
The service will not provide:
- An annual diabetic foot check (your GP or hospital will provide this)
- Treatment for simple / social nail care
- Treatment for fungal nails
- Treatment for verruca
Please note that all diabetic foot ulceration should be referred to the multi-disciplinary diabetic foot clinic held at Dundee House at Nottingham City Hospital. Please contact your GP / Healthcare Professional immediately in this instance.
Who can refer?
Patients in the city can self-refer to this service via collection of a referral form from their GP or downloading one here:
Please send completed forms via email to:
Or post your completed form to:
Community Podiatry Single Point of Access
Mansfield Community Hospital
If you are in need of assistance to complete the form then it is acceptable for family, friends or your GP to complete the form for you with your permission.
Referrals won’t be accepted over the phone, only via form completion.
How to contact the service:
Tel: 01623 785490 (Services delivered in Nottingham despite Mansfield area code)
Where is the service based?
The service is delivered in a large number of clinic locations around Nottingham city:
- Boots, Victoria Centre, Nottingham, NG1 3QS
- Bridgeway Practice, 1 Bridgeway Centre, Meadows, Nottingham NG2 2JG
- Bulwell Riverside, Main Street, Bulwell, Nottingham NG6 8QJ
- Churchfields Medical Practice, 1 Bailey Street, Basford, Nottingham NG6 0HD
- Clifton Cornestone, Southchurch Drive, Clifton, Nottingham NG11 8EW
- Health Point, Top Valley Drive, Top Valley, Nottingham NG5 9DD
- Mary Potter Centre, Gregory Boulevard, Hyson Green, Nottingham NG7 5HY
- Park House Health and Social Care Centre, Carlton, Nottingham, NG4 3DQ – for podiatry surgery
- Sherwood Health Centre, Elmswood Gardens, Sherwood, Nottingham NG5 4AD
- St Ann’s Valley Centre, St Ann’s Well Road, St. Ann’s, Nottingham NG3 3PX
- St Luke’s Surgery, Ilkeston Road, Radford, Nottingham NG7 3GW
- Strelley Health Centre, Moore Road, Strelley, Nottingham NG8 6LN
- Windmill Practice, Beaumont Street, Sneinton, Nottingham NG2 4PJ
- Wollaton Vale Health Centre, Wollaton Vale, Wollaton, Nottingham NG8 2GR
Got any questions? Head over to our Q&A Forum: